Summer hours from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. go into effect March 1 for many Johnson County Park & Recreation District parks. The summer hours will stay in effect through Oct. 31.
District parks impacted by the change in hours are:
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Road, Olathe;
- Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee;
- Kill Creek Park, 11670 Homestead Lane, Olathe; and,
- Lexington Lake Park, 8850 Sunflower Road, De Soto.
Summer hours for Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam, are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Other district parks with year-round, dawn-to-dusk hours include:
- Ernie Miller Park, 909 North Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe;
- Sunflower Nature Park, 103rd Street and Edgerton Road, rural De Soto;
- Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th, Overland Park;
- Camp Branch Glade, 175th Street and Mission Road, Aubry Township;
- Stilwell Community Park, 207th Street and Metcalf Avenue, Stilwell; and,
- all of the Streamway Parks System access points.
For more information, visit the district’s website at www.jcprd.com or call 913-888-4713.