913-715-0433 | email@example.com
Welcome to the Johnson County’s 3rd District webpage where you can review my efforts in effectively representing the needs and interests of the 3rd District, my performance as a member of the Board of County Commissioners and my service to my constituents.
I am excited to have the opportunity to work with you as your 3rd District representative and to work tirelessly on your behalf. There is always a lot going on in Johnson County, especially in the 3rd District, and I want you and all Johnson County residents to be well informed about everything that affects our district and our community.
In doing so, I appreciate your interest in and interaction with county government, and encourage you to actively engage with your community. That’s because I believe that, working together, we can and do make a positive difference in the development and quality of life that define our community. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Second term expires 2021
- First term, 2013 to 2017
Board/committee assignments as county commissioner
- Aubry-Oxford Consolidated Zoning Board
- Blue Valley School BEST & CAPS Advisory Board
- Kansas City Area Transportation Authority Representative
- Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association Board
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- South-Central Consolidated Zoning Board
- Workforce Investment Board
Commissioner Klika has also served as
- Past president and chairman of Global Passenger Network
- Co-chair of Johnson County’s transportation strategic plan development task force
- Board member of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association
- Board member of the Blue Valley Educational Foundation
- Past board member of SafeHome
Commissioner Klika has served on the Blue Valley Board of Education since 2005, including being board president during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 school years and board vice president during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 school years. He did not seek re-election in the 2013 Spring Election.
Also in 2005, he was appointed to the Board of Directors for Johnson County Transit, serving as chair for several years, and was named a member of the Kansas City Area Transit Authority, including serving as treasurer.
Klika is a partner with KA Associates. Prior to that he was president of Adkore Staffing Mega Force in Overland Park and president of the International Motor Coach Group, Inc. in Overland Park.
Klika holds a Bachelor's of Administration from Oklahoma State University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Oklahoma City University. Klika and his wife, Amber, have three children — Marcus, Katie and Brady. The family lives in Overland Park.