Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Health Division

You are here

Child Care Classes

A new and improved system for enrolling in child care licensing classes called Connect Johnson County is now available. This replaces the former “Go Sign Me Up” website that child care providers have used to register for classes.

All child care providers will need to set up a new profile (username and password) in Connect Johnson County BEFORE they can enroll in classes. The new system also allows providers to pay for classes online through a secure website linked to the site. Once enrolled in a class, providers will receive an email confirming enrollment and another email after payment is received for the class.

At this time, providers are urged to use the Google Chrome Internet browser to access all the functions of the new system. Providers currently enrolled in classes do not have to do anything as their enrollment information will automatically roll over. However, if providers want to enroll in future classes, they will need to set up a new profile in Connect Johnson County.

Providers with questions about Connect Johnson County or child care licensing classes may contact Deborah Uribe at 913-477-8382, Monday-Friday from 1:30-5:30 p.m., or send an email to Deborah.Uribe@jocogov.org.

Register for Child Care Licensing Classes

Child Care FAQs

children asking questionsHere are answers to the questions that we receive from child care providers and parents.

Where is the Child Care Licensing Office located?
We are located in Suite 2700 of the Sunset Drive Office Building in Olathe on the corner of Ridgeview and 119th Street. Our address is 11811 S Sunset Drive, Suite 2700, Olathe, KS 66061. Our phone number is (913) 477-8339 and fax number is 913-477-8035. If you are coming to the office, we are located on the second floor.

Questions about Licensing and Renewal

How do I start the process of licensing a day care center or facility?
You need to contact Eldonna Chesnut at (913) 477-8366 to set up an appointment for a one-on-one meeting.

Who do I call to ask about starting an in-home daycare business?
Please call (913) 477-8339 to talk with our staff.

What type of home can be used for home childcare in Johnson County?
If you are thinking of starting an in-home child care business, you need to contact your city. Cities have different requirements and regulations which they will explain to you. You will also need to contact your fire department to make sure that your home meets their requirements.

Under what circumstances does Kansas law NOT require a license for child care?
There are four circumstances where licensing is not required. 1) when child care is provided for not more than two children unrelated to the provider for 20 hours per week or less and the home has not been closed as a result of enforcement action. Total time is determined by adding the hours each child is cared for weekly. 2) when irregular child care is arranged between friends and neighbors on an exchange basis. 3) when child care is provided in the child's own home. 4) when the child care is provided in the home of the child's relative.

Can I keep my home daycare license current even though I'm closing my daycare?
Yes, but you will be subject to an annual inspection including meeting required training and regulations. Best practice would be to close and re-apply when you are taking children again. If you are a school year only child care please contact us for more information by calling 913-477-8339.

When is my county renewal fee due?
The county fee is due upon receipt of the letter sent by the county. Both homes and centers will receive invoices for annual fees and compliance checks. If you need to discuss payment options, please call the contact number on the invoice to talk with someone in the Child Care Licensing Division.

A new Fire Life Safety Agreement (FLSA) was not included in my renewal paperwork for my home daycare. Do I need to send one in?
You are required to call your local fire department to let them know that you will continue providing child care in your home. The fire marshal will tell you if another inspection is required. If not, the current FLSA and date of the last inspection is sufficient. A copy of the FLSA needs to be sent to KDHE wth your renewal papers.

Questions about Training and Regulations

Where can I find the training requirements?
The requirements are located on the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's website. Here is a link to the document on their site.

Is orientation training required?
All new applicants are required by regulation to have child care facility orientation training. For information on classes, please call 913-477-8339.

How do I know when to start counting in-service hours in my in-home daycare or daycare center?
Centers and homes have different requirements. Clock hours approved by KDHE are required each licensing year, not calendar year. Extra in-service hours cannot be carried over to the next licensing year.

In my daycare center, do all of my substitute staff members need first aid training?
Yes, all substitutes, volunteers, and staff counting in the ration must have required training, including first aid and signs and symptoms. Click here to find training regulations.

Questions from Providers Regarding Care

What are the state regulations for giving an infant Tylenol or ibuprofen for a fever? Is the provider allowed to administer it to any infant with a note or only under special circumstances?
In order for the provider to administer the medication, the parents have to sign the KDHE medication authorization form. The provider has to sign the same form every time the medication is given to the child. The parent should indicate on the form when and why the medication is to be given.

What are the restrictions to wooden swing sets? I have heard that they are no longer allowed at home daycares.
Wooden swing sets are still allowed. You need to know if the swing set is treated with arsenic sealant or other sealant. The wooden sets will follow the same reguations as all swing sets. Ground cover rules apply to all swing sets in homes.

How do I know if a child has head lice?
Kansas State University Research and Extension provides information about head lice in this document. Also, the Kids Health website offers some information especially related to children. Additionally, the National Association of School Nurses offers tools and resources to help reduce the fear and stigma of head lice and help parents navigate treatment choices. English and Spanish versions are available here.

What do I do if a parent asks me to sleep their baby on their stomach?
Babies shall sleep on their backs unless the provider has been granted an exception from KDHE (Kansas Department of Health of Environment). Providers are required to have a safe sleep policy and two hours of training on safe sleep practices and SIDS. Call us for sample policies and/or questions.

What ground cover is approved for use under my anchored equipment?
"Play" sand, pea gravel, some mulches. Make sure that you are using an approved product before you install it. Call 913-477-8339 if you have any questions.

Questions from Parents

How can I tell if a provider is licensed?
Look for or ask to see their license. The license must be posted if they are currently providing care and/or accepting new children. Licenses have an expiration date, so look for the date to make sure it is current. You may also call us at 913-477-8339 to obtain this information.

Who do I call if I have questions, concerns or want to make a complaint about my daycare facility or daycare provider?
Please call the Child Care Licensing division at (913) 477-8339. All regulatory questions will be answered and investigated if indicated.

If my child has a toileting accident, doesn't the provider have to wash out my child's clothing?
No. The provider is not allowed to wash out any soiled diapers, training pants or clothing. The provider is required to place soiled items into a plastic bag or covered container and send it home with the parent. They must do the same thing for their own children's soiled items until the end of the daycare day. This is important to reduce the risk of spreading diseases.

If my provider tells me that I have to call before I pick up my child, do I have to?
No, you are allowed access to the day care during all hours of operation. If you are told to call before pick up or that you cannot look in rooms that used for daycare, report this to the Child Care Licensing division at 913-477-8339.

How can I tell if there have been complaints or problems with a daycare?
KDHE has an online system for reviewing licensed facilities compliance history. Data entry into the system began in October 2011, so it may be necessary to also send in the written open records request as described below. To access the online system, please go to KDHE CAPP. The system will show violations (regulations not being followed) and consultations (technical assistance given to provider) for annual and initial visits, as well as other information.

Alternatively, and for records earlier than October 2011, contact KDHE in writing (letter, FAX or email). Give them the name and address of the facility and request complaint reports, last annual survey, all enforcement actions, and all Notice of Survey Findings (NOSF) forms. One to two years worth of history should be sufficient. Be sure to include your name, address, and phone number. KDHE will let you know the cost of providing this information to you. This is usually $7.00 per hour and $0.25 per page for printing costs. However, if less than 10 pages, there might not be a charge.

Who do I contact to help me find a child care provider?
Please contact one of these Johnson County resource and referral agencies: The Daycare Connection at 913-529-1200 or The Family Conservancy at 913-573-2273. Kansas statute does not allow JCDHE staff to make provider recommendations. Contact us at 913-477-8339 if you have additional questions about finding care.

Child Care Licensing

Get Started in Child Care

child in care

The first step to starting a child care facility is to attend an orientation meeting.  For home child care - click Child Care Classes and sign up for Information Meeting (orientation).  To start a child care center - call Eldonna Chesnut at (913) 477-8366 to set up your individual orientation.

The Child Care Licensing Division is located at the Sunset Drive Office Building:

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 2700, Olathe, KS 66061

The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment's Child Care Licensing division works with all child care facilities in Johnson County. According to Kansas Child Care Licensing Law, anyone providing care for children other than those related by blood, marriage, or adoption, must be licensed with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.


Mandatory Classes

As of July 1, 2017, these classes are required before becoming a child care provider:

  • Pediatric first aid and pediatric cardiopulmonary resusitation (CPR) certifications
  • Medication Administration
  • Safe sleep practices and sudden infant death syndrome
  • Recognizing the signs of child abuse and neglect, including prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma, and the reporting of suspected child abuse and neglect
  • Basic child development, including supervision of children
  • Prevention and control of infectious diseases, including immunizations
  • Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions
  • Building and premises safety, including identification of and protection from hazards that could cause bodily injury, including electrical hazards, bodies of water, and vehicular traffic
  • Emergency preparedness and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster or a human-caused event, including violence at a facility
  • Handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of bio-contaminants, including blood and other bodily fluids or waste
  • Precautions when transporting children, if transportation is provided

If you have further questions regarding whether a particular course will count for these requirements, please email Nancy Johnson for child care homes or Susan Merys for child care centers and school age programs.

To enroll in one of our classes, please register at Child Care Education/Classes

 If you have questions, please email Stacey Stroh.

Lexie's Law

​Lexie's Law is a Kansas law passed in 2010 which requires a child care license for all providers caring for unrelated children, increases the minimum education for providers applying for a license, improves health and safety requirements, strengthens the child supervidion requirements, and permantently prohibits anyone who has had a child care license revoked from receiving another.  The law also requires inspections for child care programs every 12 months and requires the Kansas Department of Health and Environment to maintain an online system of child care records to give families access to compliance history.

Child Care Facility Compliance Search

To view regulatory compliance history of your child care provider go to the KDHE Online Portal.

Child Care Facility Complaints

To report a complaint or concern about a child care facility in Johnson County, please call the Child Care Licensing Division at (913) 477-8339.  All regulatory questions will be answered and investigated if indicated.


Kansas Law

Child Care Provider Forms

Resources for Caregivers

Resources for providers, parents, and anyone else who cares for children.

Kansas Legislature - Laws regarding child care

Kansas Department of Health and Environment - Child care licensing and registration program

Kansas Fire Marshal - Office of the State Fire Marshal

Healthy Childcare Consultants, Inc - Health and safety information for children birth through the age of 8

Healthy Child Care America - Information from the American Academy of Pediatrics

Zero to Three - Educational resource for parents and providers for children aged zero to three years

National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education - Resources to improve the quality of child care and early education programs

Day Care Connection - Daycare Connection offers parents help in finding child care. It also provides training and other resources for child care providers. This agency is a food program sponsor for home daycare providers.

The Family Conservancy - The Family Conservancy offers parenting tips and a parenting class calendar. It also provides training and technical assistance for child care providers. This agency is a food program sponsor for home daycare providers

Emergency Plan for Caregivers -- Use this template to create an emergency plan for your child care facility

Foodsafety.gov -- Get the latest food safety news, sign up for recalls and alerts, and learn how to keep food safe

Lexie's Law

Lexie's Law is a Kansas law passed in 2010 which requires a child care license for all providers caring for unrelated children, increases minimum education requirements for providers applying for a license, improves health and safety requirements, strengthens the child supervision requirements, and permanently prohibits anyone who has had a child care license revoked from receiving another one. The law also requires inspections for child care programs every 12 months and requires the Kansas Department of Health and Environment to maintain an online system of child care records to give families access to compliance history. Read more key points on the KDHE website.

New Federal Safety Regulations

Crib Safety Regulations
Nuevos requerimientos federales para cunas más seguras
Play Yard Safety Standards
Mantenga a su bebé seguro en un corralito

Child Safety Information

Charlie's House YouTube Channel: A variety of short videos to help you make your home safe and injury-free.

KCTV5 report shows how easily young children can access medications and how to keep them out of children's reach.

Find more information about child safety, visit the Safe Kids Johnson County page.

Safety Tips

The JCDHE Child Care Licensing Division offers the following tips to help parents and providers keep children safe in very cold and very hot weather. If you have specific questions that are not answered here, please contact us at (913) 477-8339 or (913) 477-8382.

Cold Weather Tips for Parents and Childcare Providers

Download this Child Care Weather Watch chart to help determine what temperatures and weather conditions are appropriate for outdoor play.

Winter brings colder weather. Children get cold (and hot) more easily than adults. This is because young children have relatively more surface area for their body mass than those who are older. Still, going outside when it is cold is a good idea. Germs are less concentrated in the outdoor air. Take the group outside while fresh air circulates from opened windows and/or the ventilation system in the emptied rooms.

Outdoor play in cold weather encourages more vigorous physical activity. In addition, going outside in all types of weather gives children opportunities to learn about changes in the environment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers tips to enjoy cold weather.

Dress for the Weather
Adults and children lose body heat more quickly if they don’t wear a hat. Choose tightly woven fabrics that keep you warmer by holding in more heat and keeping wind from taking body heat away. Wool or tightly woven synthetic fibers are better than cotton. Cold air holds less moisture than warmer air. So if it is very cold, wear a scarf or knitted face covering. This reduces drying of exposed skin and linings of the nose and throat. Getting too warm can cause sweating. So dress to stay warm, but avoid over-dressing. Perspiration wets clothing. Moisture on the skin wicks heat away from the body. However, wet weather doesn’t need to keep everyone inside. It can be fun to be outside in snow and rain – if you dress in water-resistant clothing that keeps skin dry.

Watch for Shivering
Shivering is the movement of muscles to generate warmth when the body is getting too cold. If someone is shivering despite increased activity, it is time to go inside. Otherwise, body temperature will start to fall.

Defining Cold Injuries
The following definitions of cold injury are from Pediatric First Aid for Caregivers and Teachers, 2nd edition, 2012, pp. 298-303. This manual was written by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the National Association of School Nurses.

Hypothermia: Lowered body temperature is called hypothermia. Suffering from hypothermia doesn’t require very cold temperatures if the skin gets wet. In addition to shivering, at significantly lowered body temperatures, drowsiness, confusion, slurred speech and shallow breathing can occur. Body temperatures lower than 95 degrees F. are dangerous. First aid for hypothermia is to call EMS. Then take the child to a warm room, remove cold wet clothing, and replace it with warm dry clothing or a blanket. If a warm room isn’t available, wrap the cold person and a warm person together in a blanket.

Frost nip: In freezing temperatures, smaller, exposed body parts suffer cold injury first. Blood vessels in these areas constrict in response to cold. This constriction can make fingers, toes, ear lobes and tip of the nose pale and numb. They are painful as they warm up again. If the part doesn’t actually freeze and no permanent injury occurs, the condition is called “frost nip.” First aid for frost nip is similar to the first aid for hypothermia. Do not rub the injured part. Until you can get to a warm room and replace cold wet clothing with dry warm ones, put the cold body parts close to warm body areas, e.g. hold cold hands in armpits. For 30 minutes, slowly rewarm injured areas in warm (not hot) water around 100 degrees F. Apply warm compresses to the injured area. If warm water isn’t available, gently wrap the area in warm blankets. If the area seems to return to normal, have caregivers/families watch for any evidence of injury that signals the need for medical care.

Frostbite: If body tissues actually freeze, the injury is called frostbite. Frostbite requires medical attention as it can cause permanent damage. The severity of frostbite is graded like burn injuries. First degree frostbite is when tissues become white and hard, and then mildly red and swollen when rewarmed. Second degree frostbite is when blisters appear the next day. Third degree frost bite is when permanent skin damage occurs. First aid for frostbite is to contact EMS and then follow the same procedure as for frost nip until EMS can take over.

Wind Chill Wind: Wind chill wind removes heat from the body faster than would occur just by exposure to the cool temperature. The National Weather Service has a helpful guide. This guide indicates when conditions are comfortable, require caution, or are dangerous for outdoor activities. Outdoor play with proper clothing is OK unless the temperatures are at or below minus 15 degrees F. Check children frequently when conditions require caution. Look for shivering and any signs of early cold injury to hands, toes or other vulnerable body parts. 

Hot Weather Guidelines for Child Care Providers

As temperatures across the country continue to escalate above average highs, it is more important than ever to understand the health effects for children. Infants and young children are particularly sensitive to the effects of extreme heat and must rely on others to keep them safe. When left in a hot vehicle, a young child’s body temperature can increase three to five times as quickly as an adult’s.

hot childRecommendations
The recommendation states that if the heat index is 90ºF to 95ºF (32ºC to 35ºC) or if there is a heat advisory in effect, children should only be outside for short periods of time (15 to 30 minutes or less.)

Base the amount of time outside on the children's appearance and behaviors. If the children are running around and actively playing and do not exhibit any signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke (see signs below), they can be outside on the longer end of the timeframe. If children are sitting or standing around in the shade, take them inside sooner. Morning is the best time to be outside, as it is the coolest part of the day.

A heat index of 95ºF (35ºC) or higher is considered to be the regulations definition of "extreme." On these days it would be expected that children would not have to go outside at all. This is where we see regulation violations occur most. It is important to note that heat indexes are measured in the SHADE. When planning activities in which children will be exposed to full sunshine, add 15 degrees to the stated heat index. Strong winds can also make the heat worse.

Additionally, when there is an excessive heat warning as defined by the National Weather Service, it is recommended that outdoor summer camps be moved to their inside locations for the afternoons.

On "extreme" heat days, it is recommended that field trips only be taken to indoor, air-conditioned locations. If the mode of transportation for the field trip is walking or in a vehicle without air conditioning, the predicted temperature/heat index at the time of the return trip must be considered.

The regulations pertaining to children outside in extreme weather are as follows:

Licensed Child Care Centers (including Mother's Day Out and Preschools): K.A.R. 28-4-438(b) and K.A.R. 28-4-126(a)(1).

Licensed School Age Programs: K.A.R. 28-4-590(f)(2) and K.A.R. 28-4-587(a).

Outdoor Summer Camps: K.A.R. 28-4-586(b)(1)(c) and K.A.R. 28-4-586(2).

Licensed Day Care Homes and Group Day Care Homes: K.A.R. 28-4-116(a)(4), K.A.R. 28-4-117(a)(7), and K.A.R. 28-4-126(a)(1).

Heat related terms can be confusing. Here are the definitions provided by the National Weather Service.

Excessive Heat occurs from a combination of high temperatures (significantly above normal) and high humidity. At certain levels, the human body cannot maintain a proper internal temperature and may experience heat stroke.

Excessive Heat Outlook is a Climate Prediction Center (CPC) product that is a combination of temperature and humidity over a certain number of days. It is designed to provide an indication of areas of the country where people and animals may need to take precautions against the heat during May to November.

Excessive Heat Warning is issued within 12 hours of the onset of a heat index of at least 105ºF (40ºC) for more than 3 hours a day for 2 consecutive days or a heat index of more than 115ºF (46ºC) for any period of time.

Excessive Heat Watch is issued by the National Weather Service when heat indices in excess of 105ºF (40ºC) during the day combined with nighttime low temperatures of 80ºF (27ºC) or higher occur for two consecutive days.

Heat Advisory is issued within 12 hours of the onset of the following conditions: a heat index of at least 105ºF (40ºC) but less than 115ºF (46ºC) for less than 3 hours per day or nighttime lows above 80ºF (27ºC) for 2 consecutive days.

Heat Exhaustion is a mild form of heat stroke, characterized by faintness, dizziness, and heavy sweating.

Heat Index (HI) or the "Apparent Temperature" is an accurate measure of how hot it really feels when the Relative Humidity (RH) is added to the actual air temperature.

Any time there are conditions of high temperature (over 90ºF) coupled with high relative humidity, causing a high heat index, the body has to work very hard to maintain its core temperature of 98.6º. A child's body temperature increases three to five times faster than an adult's body and children are not able to dissipate heat as effectively as adults.

Sweating is one way the body tries to cool itself, However, sweating only cools the body when the water is removed by evaporation. High relative humidity retards this process. Under these conditions, the heart is beating much faster to pump blood through dilated circulatory vessels. The sweat glands are pouring liquid -- including essential dissolved chemicals, such as sodium and chloride -- onto the surface of the skin.

Heat disorders generally have to do with a deduction or collapse of the body's ability to shed heat by circulatory exchanges and sweating or a chemical imbalance caused by too much sweating. When heat gain exceeds the level the body can remove heat, or when the body cannot compensate for fluids and salt lost through perspiration, the temperature of the body's inner core begins to rise and heat-related illness may develop.

Heat-Related Illness
There are three major types of heat related illness.

Heat Cramps are painful spasms usually occurring in muscles of the legs and sometimes in the abdomen. First aid for this situation is to apply firm pressure on cramping muscles or gently massage to relieve spasm. Give sips of water but discontinue water if nausea occurs.

The symptoms of Heat Exhaustion are heavy sweating, weakness, skin that is cold, pale, and clammy, weak pulse, vomiting, and fainting. First aid for heat exhaustion is to get the victim out of the sun immediately. Have the person lie down and loosen their clothing. apply cool, wet cloths. Fan or move victim to air-conditioned room, if possible. Give sips of water but discontinue water if nausea occurs. If vomiting, seek medical attention.

The symptoms of Heat (or Sun) Stroke are hot dry skin, rapid and strong pulse, and possible unconsciousness. Heat stroke is a SEVERE MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Summon emergency medical assistance or get te victim to the hospital immediately. DELAY CAN BE FATAL. While waiting on medical help to arrive, move the victim to a cooler environment. Reduce the body temperature with cold bat or cold wet cloths. Remove clothing and use fans or air-conditioners.DO NOT GIVE FLUIDS.

To prevent heat-related illnesses, follow these tips:

  • Outside activities should be reduced, eliminated or rescheduled to the coolest part of the day.
  • Dress for the hot weather. Lightweight, light-colored clothing reflects heat and sunlight and helps your body maintain normal temperatures.
  • Decrease foods that increase your metabolic heat production and increase water loss.
  • Drink plenty of water or other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated fluids. A person can become dehydrated before they feel thirst. Exceptions to getting increased fluids are people with epilepsy, kidney or liver disease, on fluid restrictive diets or have a problem with water retention.
  • Avoid sunburn. Sunburn makes the job of heat dissipation much more difficult.

Preventing Heat-stroke Related Injury or Death

On average, every 10 days a child dies from heatstroke in a vehicle. These deaths are preventable and everyone in the community, especially child care providers, have a role to play in protecting our children.

Here are a few simple things you can do:

  • Get in touch with designated family members if a child who is regularly in your care does not arrive as expected.
  • Make it part of your everyday routine to account for all children in your care. Set up backup systems to check and double-check that no child is left in the vehicle. Never leave a child unattended in a vehicle—even if the windows are partially open or the engine is running with the air conditioning on. Vehicles heat up quickly; if the outside temperature is in the low 80s, the temperature inside a vehicle can reach deadly levels in only 10 minutes, even with a window rolled down 2 inches.
  • Always make a habit of looking in the vehicle—front and back—before locking the door and walking away.
  • Create reminders to ensure that no child is accidentally left behind in the vehicle. Place an item that is needed at your final destination in the back of the vehicle next to the child or place a stuffed animal in the driver’s view to indicate that a child is in the car seat.
  • Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately if you see a child alone in a hot vehicle. If he or she is in distress due to heat, get the child out as soon as possible and cool him or her down rapidly.

For additional information on heatstroke, visit the Safe Kids website.

Share this Information

As with any recommendation, the data collection and research is ongoing to provide information that is in the best interest of our children in out-of-home care. Feel free to share this information with families of children in your care.

If you have any questions, please contact us at (913) 477-8339 or (913) 477-8382.



Selecting Child Care


Guidelines for Choosing Quality Child Care


If you decide to go back to work or school and need to leave your child with someone other than a relative, give some time and thought in locating a child care provider. Talk to the individual and plan a visit to the home before taking your child there. See where the child will be playing, napping, eating, etc.

Quality Child Care Questionnaire



Resources to help parents and guardians find the right child care solution.

Selecting Quality Child Care - free brochure on selecting a quality child care facility.

A Guide to Choosing the Right Child Care for You and Your Child - a Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Resource.

Child Care Providers Coalition of Kansas - CCPC is a state wide Family Child Care Organization dedicated to promoting quality child care and professionalism in Kansas.

Child Care Aware - This organization provides information and services for parents seeking child care, plus information on professional development opportunities for child care providers.

Daycare Connection - Daycare Connection is a resource and referral agency that offers parents help in finding child care. It also provides training and other resources for child care providers. This agency is a food program sponsor for home daycare providers.

Healthy Child Care America - Information from the American Academy of Pediatrics.

The Family Conservancy - The Family Conservancy offers parenting tips and a parenting class calendar. It also provides training and technical assistance for child care providers. This agency is a food program sponsor for home daycare providers.

Zero to Three - Educational resource for parents and providers for children aged zero to three years.

Survey Feedback

Johnson County Department of Health and Environment

Child Care Provider Feedback Form

We value your input and appreciate your feedback on your most recent experience with the Johnson County DHE Surveyor who visited your facility.


On a scale of one (1) to five (5), five being very satisfied and one being very dissatisfied, click the number which best describes your satisfaction level.

Please give us the name of the person to contact and a phone number or email address.