Welcome to the Johnson County Jobs Page!
A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to serve fellow residents across our beautiful County. Johnson County Government is a great place to work. We offer wonderful benefits, retirement plans, wellness incentives, a great organizational culture, and much more. There are many job opportunities available in a variety of fields. Come start your career with us!
- Jobs Open to County Employees Only
- Jobs Open to the Public
- Sheriff's Office Deputy Jobs
- Parks and Recreation Jobs
- Kansas Judicial Jobs
Johnson County Government proudly commits to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Therefore, Johnson County Government does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex or gender, religion or creed, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, military status or membership or service in the military. The County prohibits and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination by employees and elected and appointed officials against any employee or applicant for employment. In addition, the County prohibits discrimination on the basis of political affiliation or belief.
Additional Information Regarding the Hiring Process:
Step 1: A new job is posted.
- New positions are posted on the Human Resources website as they become available.
- Positions are generally open for two weeks.
Step 2: Searching for jobs.
- You can search available jobs on the Human Resources website.
- To view a listing of all the positions that are currently open, select ‘View All Jobs’.
- You can conduct a more specific search by keyword, location, or job category.
- If you are interested in finding a specific type of job or a position at a certain location, you can save the search criteria to create a Job Search Agent. This Job Search Agent will do the searching for you based on the information you provide. It runs daily and will e-mail you any positions that have been posted that meet your search criteria.
To set up a Job Search Agent:
- Login to your account or create an account if needed.
- Enter the information for which you would like the Agent to search. For example, if you are looking for an administrative position type ‘administrative’ in the keywords box. Then click ‘Search’.
- The results of your search will be displayed.
- At the bottom of the screen click the ‘Save Search as an Agent’ link.
- Enter a name and acknowledge that you are requesting to receive e-mail notifications from the system. Select ‘Save Search as Job Agent’ at the bottom of the screen.
- To view, edit, or delete the Search Agent select ‘Job Search Agents’ in your Career Center or click ‘My Job Search Agents’ on the main Job Search page.
Step 3: Applications are submitted.
- To apply for a position, you must create an online account and complete a Resume/CV Profile. For detailed instructions on how to create an account and complete a Resume/CV Profile view How to Apply for a Position.
- Once an application is submitted, a confirmation e-mail will be sent stating that your application has been received.
- To view submitted applications log in to your account. This will take you to your Career Center. Select ‘Resume/CV Submission History’. This will display a list of all of the positions for which you have applied.
- By selecting ‘Actions’ on this screen you can view your application, find matching jobs, or remove yourself from consideration for the position.
- Applications are only accepted while the position is posted on the website. Once the position has been removed, typically two weeks after the date opened, applications will no longer be accepted.
Step 4: Applications are reviewed.
- The hiring manager and Human Resources Partner review applications after the position closes. This process generally takes 2 – 3 weeks but can vary by position and the department/agency’s process.
- You must meet all of the minimum qualifications to be considered for the position.
Step 5: Interviews.
- The candidates who most closely meet the required and preferred qualifications will be contacted for a phone screen or to schedule an interview.
Step 6: Offer of Employment.
- If you are a top candidate for a position you will be sent a Secondary Application for completion. Background screenings and references checks are then completed. Certain departments/agencies may have additional requirements.
- When the background checks are successfully completed a job offer will be extended to the candidate.
- Applicants who were not selected for the position should be notified that the position has been filled.