Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Treasury and Financial Management

You are here

Commercial Vehicle Renewal

A commercial vehicle is any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle in commerce that is used to transport property or passengers when the vehicle:

  1.  Has a gross weight or gross combination weight of 10,001 pounds or more;
  2.  is designed or used to transport 15 or more passengers, including the driver; or
  3.  is used to transport hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding.

All commercial vehicle title and registration applications should be dropped off and/or picked up from 111 S. Cherry Street, Suite 1500, Olathe, KS.  Johnson County does not process IRP (International Registration Plan) registrations.  For a complete list of IRP offices in the State of Kansas, please visit www.truckingks.org/cmvoffices.html.  For all other information regarding commercial vehicles, please visit www.truckingks.org/cmvresources.html

Instructions for Renewing Commercial Vehicles

Option 1:

Please note that Johnson County will only process fleets with garaged vehicles solely in Johnson County. If you have any vehicles in your fleet that are not garaged in Johnson County or IRP fleets, you will need to renew with a full service office.

Renew on-line by visiting www.truckingks.org then click on Commercial Vehicle Registration on the right side of the page.  

If you begin processing your renewal online you must complete the process online or finish with a full service office. 

Commercial Motor Vehicle full service offices can be found at: https://www.ksrevenue.org/dovcmvlocations.html

Option 2:

Johnson County is a drop off service only; we do not accept walk-ins.

Renewal notices can be obtained by accessing www.truckingks.org.

Please print the renewal notice, make changes to the fleet in writing such as address, weight increases or decreases and deleting of a vehicle. Once all changes are final, please sign the signature page.

Renewal notices can be dropped off, mailed to the address below, or emailed to cmv@jocogov.org for processing.

Johnson County Treasurer
Attn: CMV
111 S. Cherry St. Suite 1500
Olathe, KS  66061