(ICM1, Contract 21)
Johnson County Wastewater is working to increase capacity of the sanitary sewer system in the general area of 95th Street and Roe Avenue. Referred to as the Indian Creek (IC) Interceptor 2 Capital Improvements, this project addresses the approximately 14,000 linear feet of 12-inch through 30-inch diameter existing sanitary sewer interceptor in Overland Park and Prairie Village, Kansas, downstream of the former Meadowbrook Golf Course and Country Club that requires additional capacity (approximately 2,000 feet is upstream [Northwest] of the golf course property). The additional capacity is needed to provide the desired long-term level of service for the tributary area during large wet weather events. This project will provide more dependable and environmentally sound sanitary sewer service to the area.
VF Anderson continues to install sewer pipe and manholes and perform final grading and restoration. Sewer pipe and manhole construction, and cleanup and restoration will continue on Line B at multiple locations (multiple crews working). Pipe bursting along Line C will continue.
Weekly Schedule (week of May 14, 2018)
- Continue sewer construction of Line B
- Continue cleanup and restoration, including fence replacement and sod installation, along the south end of Line B
- Continue placement of concrete street patching, sidewalks, and curbs along Roe Avenue and side streets
- Continue pipe bursting along Line C (along 91st Street between Nall Avenue and Outlook Drive)
- Roe Avenue will continue to be closed between 99th Street and W. 101st Terrace thru mid-May (May 18thanticipated)
- Roe Avenue will continue to be closed between 99th and Granada Streets thru mid-May (May 18thanticipated)
- Access to multiple driveways and sidewalks along Roe Avenue will continue to be disrupted
Jim Doleshal, Burns & McDonnell 913-210-5162
Waldo Margheim, Burns & McDonnell 816-844-4641 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rick Vosika, VF Anderson 816-694-3459
Jeff Stacy, JCW 913-715-8545 (email@example.com)
Meeting presentation from the public meeting on November 9, 2017.
Public Meeting (11/09/17) Notifications Letters were mailed on October 27, 2017 to property owners along the anticipated alignment.
Meeting Presentation from the public meeting on September 29, 2016.
Public Meeting (09/29/16) Notification Letters were mailed on September 15, 2016 to property owners along the anticipated alignment.
Public Meeting (06/02/2016) Notification Letters were mailed on May 19, 2016 to property owners along the anticipated alignment.
Meeting Presentation from the public meeting on 06/02/2016.
Notification letters were mailed on October 30, 2015, to property owners along the anticipated alignment.
Request for Information forms will assist in the design process. Property owners along the alignment are encouraged to provide input early in the design phase so that concerns can be addressed and, if possible, incorporated into the design.
Engineering (Burns & McDonnell) will continue to be in the area throughout the design and bid phase.
General Location Map of the project shows projected improvements upstream and downstream of the former Meadowbrook Golf Course and Country Club.
FAQs – What to expect during construction gives general information regarding sanitary sewer construction.