Johnson County Wastewater is excited to announce that we will launch the MyGovernmentOnline permit and inspection software May 1, 2017. The software will enhance the permit application submittal, plan review and inspection experience for owners, engineers, contractors, tenants and others through convenient online services.
Users will have the ability to:
- Submit layouts online for preliminary review.
- Apply online for projects/permits.
- Pay fees online by bank draft (ACH) with no service charge.
- Pay fees online by Visa and MasterCard. A 2.4% service charge will apply.
- Submit “paperless” plans and documents in PDF format
- Track application progress up to permit issuance.
- View and print copies of review comment letters and project drawing comments.
- View and print copies of approved building plans.
- Request inspections online.
- View and print completed inspection reports.
- Receive real-time e-mail or telephone call notifications when an inspection is completed.
Please download a copy of the MyGovernmentOnline Customer Portal Instructions and create your free customer portal account as soon as possible. Contact information for each individual associated with a project including email address, postal address, phone number(s) and must be completed and confirmed during the review process. Individuals associated with a project may include:
- Site developer
- Deeded property owner
- Civil engineer
- Plumbing designer
- General contractor
- Sewer main contractor
- Internal and external plumber(s)
The MyGovernmentOnline software will allow you to apply for your permits online rather than traveling to a designated permit office. Any documents required with an application, such as architectural plans, civil plans, plumbing plans, surveys, plats, calculations, etc. must be uploaded in PDF format when submitting the application.
Inspection requests must be submitted online prior to 4 p.m. to have an inspection performed that same day. JCW authorization of the inspection is required before the inspector will be scheduled. JCW inspectors will enter inspection results at the time of inspection and the inspection results will be provided via e-mail or through the customer portal shortly after the inspection.
If you need any assistance using the MyGovernmentOnline application, please call the technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software-related questions.
JCW with MyGovernmentOnline will offer a two-hour exploration session the afternoon of April 25 and the afternoon of April 26. Please RSVP to JCW-Solutions@jocogov.org or JCW Customer Service at 913-715-8590 if you will attend. Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops.