Here are some highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in October 2019. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
The board appointed David “Beau” Boisvert as Director of Appraisal Operations for Johnson County Government, effective Nov. 14 through June 30, 2021. Boisvert has nearly 25 years of appraisal experience and comes to Johnson County from the Yavapai County Assessor’s Office in Prescott, Arizona, where he has served as the Chief Deputy for nearly three years. During his career, he spent 11 years in the Maricopa County (Arizona) Assessor’s Office, including three years as Chief Appraiser. More information is available in this news release.
The board adopted the following:
- The 2020 Johnson County State Legislative Platform.
- Approved and ratified a Property Conveyance Agreement between the Board of Directors of the Johnson County Library (JCL) and the City of Merriam, providing a site for an approximately 16,000 square foot library facility - the Antioch Library Replacement - within the Vavra Development.
- Amended the FY 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to include Central Resource Library Central Staffing & Space Consolidation (CSSC) Project in an amount not to exceed $8,707,000.
- A contract for lobbying services with Federico Consulting, Inc., for a 24-month period with an option to renew the contract for three (3) additional 24-month periods and authorizing the County Manager to execute the contract on behalf of the Board.
- Establishing protocols for the Board of County Commissioners in conducting performance reviews for certain positions in Johnson County government.