Here are some highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in July 2020. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- In a special meeting called on July 2, the board voted to affirm the Governor’s Executive Order, requiring the wearing of face masks, pending review of the Order for any additional concerns.
- Adopted a revised Economic Development Incentives Policy for New Century AirCenter and Repealing the Economic Development Incentives Program adopted on December 20, 2012.
- Held a public hearing for the purpose of receiving public comment and testimony on the proposed amendment to the FY 2020 Budget and adopted Resolution No. 040-20 amending the FY 2020 budget for the General Fund to accept CARES Act funding in the amount of $116,311,033.60.
- Heard a report on the Johnson County Department of Human Services’ aging services and approved $250,000 for direct services and hiring a case manager as part of a two-year request of $500,000 ($250,000 for 2021, and $250,000 for 2022). View the presentation on this item. Additional recommendations, including the creation of a new aging department and a study on kitchen resources, will be considered later.
- Authorized the issuance, sale and delivery of General Obligation Internal Improvement and Refunding Bonds, Series 2020A of Johnson County, Kansas for the purpose of providing funds to finance certain wastewater improvements and the Redbird Lane Special Road Benefit District; and to refund a portion of the General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds Series 2009B and General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds Series 2010D in the aggregate principal amount of $95,715,000.
- Authorized the issuance, sale and delivery of Taxable General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2020B of Johnson County, Kansas for the purpose of providing funds to refund a portion of the General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds Series 2011A in the aggregate principal amount of $9,415,000.