Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola provided a written update to the Board of County Commissioners.
Highlights from the briefing include:
- There were 1,965 new infections last week. That's down from 2,396 the week prior. This translates to an average of 280 new infections per day. This is more than twice what was our highest number for three months.
- When calculated as a rate, we are at 328 cases per 100,000 residents per week. Our goal is <50 new infections per 100,000 residents.
- The positivity rate is 13.1%. Our goal is 5%.
- The primary measure/criteria for schools is the incidence rate. Our recommended phase for school gating criteria is Red Zone.
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has stood up additional testing sites throughout Johnson County. These sites are the only ones without a minimum age requirement for testing. Appointments at these locations can be scheduled at www.gogettested.com.