Here are highlights of the Board of County Commissioners’ actions and activities in Jan 2021. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org. The board took the following actions:
- (Sitting as the Board of Public Health) Extended Johnson County Board of Health Order No. 002-20, which currently expires on January 31, 2021, through March 31, 2021.
- Authorized BOCC meetings to be held virtually through the end of February and that in preparation for returning to in person meetings, the Sheriff and county staff shall prepare a safety plan outlining security measures for the safety of staff, commissioners and public, as well as ensuring access for public comments.
- Accepted the recommendations from the virtual public comments subcommittee for the Jan. 21 BOCC meeting. This vote included a reminder that comments should be directed at the Board as a whole and not towards individual commissioners.
- Affirmed the Chairman’s appointment of Commissioner Janeé Hanzlick as vice chair of the BOCC.
- Authorized approval of an Interlocal Agreement between the Board of County Commissioners of Johnson County, Kansas, and the Unified School District No. 233, Olathe Public Schools, for the joint utilization of a compressed natural gas (“CNG”) refueling station located at the Johnson County Public Works Facility, 1800 West 56 Highway, Olathe KS.
- Held a public hearing and approved the County Manager’s recommendation to change the administrative organization of the County by reorganizing the Records and Tax Administration Department and the Treasury and Financial Management Department.