More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Johnson County Administration Building is closed to the public effective March 25, 2020. For the Board of County Commissioners Meetings, the County Commissioners will not be physically present in the Board Hearing room and will be using Zoom, an online meeting tool, to conduct the meeting. Please watch the broadcast of the meeting from our link at https://boccmeetings.jocogov.org/onbaseagendaonline or on Facebook Live for a live feed or later when the video is posted.
During this time of health emergency, we will also be prudent with our business agenda, deferring action when feasible, and we will not be accepting Public Comments during the meeting. If you have information or comments related to any item on our agenda that you would like to have presented to the Commissioners, we encourage you to submit that information in writing. If you wish to submit information, please email those comments/statements to the BOCC-Clerk@jocogov.org before noon on the Wednesday, before the Thursday BOCC meeting. Comments received by noon will be shared with the entire Board prior to the meeting. If you are unable to email the comments, you may call the following number, and we will record your information. (913) 715-0424.
BOCC actions for the week of March 30, 2020
These items were continued until the board’s May 7, 2020 action agenda.
- Conduct a public hearing and consider authorizing additional funding for the Johnson County Wastewater Backup Prevention Program in an amount not to exceed $425,000, increasing the total project authorization to $4,425,000.
- Consider a request from Todd Allenbrand, Payne & Brockway, PA, applicant and Stephen and Beth Hines, landowners, for a Preliminary and Final Plat for one residential lot, to be known as Three Willow, on approximately 1.6- acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 29147 and 29183 W. 151st Street.
- Consider a request from Carol Hatfield, applicant, and the Carol J. Hatfield Revocable Trust, landowner, for Preliminary and Final Plat for 5 residential lots to be known as Hatfield Acres, on approximately 77 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 14470 Dillie Road.
- Consider a request from Phelps Engineering Inc., applicant, and Matthew H. and Tracy Thompson Smith, landowners, for Rezoning from Rural District (RUR) and Planned Residential Urban Single-Family 1B (PRU-1B) District, to Residential Neighborhood Two District (RN-2), for Preliminary and Final Plat for one residential lot to be known as Free State, and for Conditional Use Permit approval for two existing, detached accessory buildings that together exceed the size limit required by the Regulations, located at 5885 Locust Street.
- Consider a request from David W. and Julie D. Secrist, applicants and landowners, for Conditional Use Permit approval for a private kennel on approximately 7.6 acres, in Section 15, Township 15, Range 25, Johnson County, Kansas, located at 21150 Country Place Lane.
The board authorized a special meeting at 3 p.m. on Monday, April 6.
Various members of county leadership provided the board with updates on COVID-19 including: Director, Department of Public Health and Environment - Dr. Sanmi Areola; Johnson County Health Officer - Dr. Joseph LeMaster and Medical Director for EMS – Dr. Ryan Jacobsen.
County Manager Penny Postoak Ferguson and Budget and Financial Planning Director Scott Neufeld provided an update on FY 2020 Financial Projections due to COVID-19.
To stay current on the Board’s schedule, please check the board’s calendar at https://jocogov.org/calendar-created/month?field_event_type_tid=4224