Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Environmental Division

You are here

Forms and Fees

The application needed can be found under the fees for that service. If you have questions, please call 913-715-6900.

Environmental Audit
Environmental Audit.......$100

Air Quality
Application for Open Burn Exemption

Hazardous Materials Disposal for Residents
All dropoff of household materials is FREE to Johnson County residents.
This does not include electronic waste. Any fees for e-waste are posted with event information.

Hazardous Materials Disposal for Business
Note: These fees are for the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator, Kansas Small Quantity Generator program. These fees are subject to change without notice. You must register for this program. Download the registration packet for more important details on pricing.
Fuels Blending (oil based paint, fuel, solvent based ink, thinners, paint strippers)........$4.00 per gallon
PCB Contaminated Material (small capacitors, ballasts, transformer oil)........Varies (per gallon)
PCB Contaminated Material (2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxy-acetic acid & esters, 2,4-diclorohenoxy-acetic acid & esters)........Varies
Mercury (elemental mercury or mercury salts)........Varies
Lab Pack - Corrosives........$1.02 per lb
Lab Pack - Pesticides, Herbicides........$1.80 per lb
Lab Pack - Oxidizers........$1.60 per lb
Lab Pack - Aerosols........90¢ per lb
Lab Pack - Organic Peroxides and Reactives........$6.60
Latex Paint (interior, exterior primer)........$3.00 per 5-gallon container
Latex Paint (interior, exterior primer)........60¢ per gallon
Uncontaminated Waste Oil (waste motor oil, transmission fluid)........Varies
CESQG, KSQ Waste Inventory Packet (includes price list)
CESQG, KSQ Application

Records Request
Open Records Request........50¢ per page
Public Information Request Form

Environmental Sanitary Code
Johnson County Environmental Sanitary Code

Swimming Pool and Spa Inspection
First Time Indoor Pool Permit  $410  Application
First Time Seasonal Pool Permit  $355  Application
First Time Whirlpool Permit  $200  Application
Swimming Pool Permit, annual renewal per site  $360  Application
Existing Pool, Spa, or Beach Modification Permit  $75  Application
Licensed Pool Operator, 3 year term  $100  Application
Pool Licensed Operator (PLO) Reference Material
CDC Fecal Incident Response
Rules for Pools

Septic Systems
Private Sewage Treatment System Installation Permit  $450  Application
Private Sewage Treatment System Permit for Significant Alteration  $400  Application
Commercial Sewage Treatment System Installation Permit $450  Application
Industrial/Commercial Sewage Treatment:
  Class A (potential of industrial/commercial wastes - serves 20 or more full time)  
     $195  Application 
  Class B (domestic wastes only - serves less than 20 full time employees  
     $110  Application
Industrial/Commercial Sewage Treatment Resale Inspection  $240 Application
Sewage System Installer License (annual)  $150  Application
Sewage System Designer License (two year term)  $300  Application
Sanitary Disposal Contractor License (annual)  $75 Application
Pumper Logs
Sanitary Disposal Contractor Log Sheet
Pumper Truck License, each truck (annual)  $260  Application
Soil Profile Analysis  $460  Application
Residential Sewage System Resale Inspection  $240  Application
Septic Locate Re-inspections for New Additions on Property $75  Application
Decommissioning Septic Tank  $60 Application
Private Sewage Minor Repair Permit  $75  Application provided by inspector on site 
2018 Licensed Septic Installer List (SIL)
2018 Licensed Sanitary Disposal Contractors (SSL)
2018 Licensed Sanitary Disposal Contractors for Portable Toilets

Solid Waste Management
Note: These fees are for initial and annual renewal of licenses and permits pursuant to the Solid Waste Code.
Solid Waste Incinerator........$26,000
Municipal Solid Waste Landfill........$26,000
Please call 913-715-6900 for application information for either of these above
Industrial Solid Waste Disposal Facility........$1,000
Reclamation Facility........$250
Solid Waste Processing Facility........$1,000
Permit Application for Operation of a Solid Waste Processing Facility
Construction and Demolition Landfill........$500
Permit Application for Operation of a Industrial, Demolition or Construction Landfill
Composting Facility........$250
Construction and Demolition Landfill with a Composting Facility........$750
Permit Application for Operation of a Composting Facility or C/D with Composting Facility
Tree and Brush Disposal Site........$250
Permit Application for Operation of a Tree and Brush Disposal Site
Materials Recovery Facility........$200
Application for Permit for Operation of a Materials Recovery Facility
Transfer Station (more than 20,000 tons per year)........$1,000
Transfer Station (20,000 tons or less per year)........$250
Permit Application for Operation of a Solid Waste Transfer Station
Solid Waste Hauler (1 to 10 vehicles used for residential collection)........$100
Solid Waste Hauler (11 to 50 vehicles used for residential collection)........$250
Solid Waste Hauler (Over 50 vehicles used for residential collection)........$500
Permit Application for Residential Hauler
Hauler Tonnage Report Form

Rabies Control
Specimen Shipping to Kansas State University (Monday-Thursday)........$90
Specimen Shipping to Kansas State University (Friday)........$105