Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Health Division

You are here

WIC Appointments

The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment administers WIC as a Program of the United States Department of Agriculture. For information or an appointment, call: 


(913) 826-1302
6000 Lamar Ave., Suite 140
Mission, KS 66202

(913) 477-8330
11875 S. Sunset Dr., Suite 300
Olathe, KS 66061

Olathe WIC Office Hours:Mother with baby calling for appointment

  • Monday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Wednesday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Friday 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Mission WIC Office Hours:

  • Monday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines

To be eligible on the basis of income, applicants' gross income (i.e. before taxes are withheld) must fall at or below 185 percent of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines.

Accepted Proof of Identification

Due to our large client caseload, if you are late for your WIC appointment (over 5 minutes) and/or you do not have the DIET QUESTIONNAIRE(S) completed, you may be RESCHEDULED. Additionally, please bring all proofs of ID stated on appointment notice. The following is a list of accepted proof of identification:

  • Caregiver Proof of ID: State issued photo ID or driver’s license, school photo ID, birth certificate, KS Medicaid card or passport. WIC can not accept Social Security Cards as proof of ID.
  • Client Proof of ID (for a child): Shot/immunization records, birth confirmation/certificate, state-issued ID card, KS Medicaid card, or passport. WIC can not accept Social Security Cards as proof of ID.
  • Proof of Residence: Mailed letter in a postmarked envelope, utility bill, lease/rental agreement, bank statement, or rent receipts. Proof of Residence must be within 30 days.
  • Proof of Household Income: Paycheck stubs from all jobs held in the home, signed/dated employer affidavit, DCF benefit letter, unemployment (check stub or see below for instructions), child support documentation, or active KanCare title XIX card. Tax Returns ONLY if self-employed.  Household Income must include 30 days of income (all income received in the past 30 days for all members of your household.


If you are currently receiving unemployment, there are two ways to prove your income:

  1. Print out a report from Wirecard’s website (with established account and pin)
  2. If you receive payment through direct deposit, bring in your recent bank statement.  

If you are missing any of the proofs of ID mentioned above, you will receive 1 month of checks (unless previously on a 30-day Temporary Certification) and will have to return within 30 days of certification with the missing proof(s) of ID.