CHAMPSS - Choosing Healthy Appetizing Meal Plan Solutions for Seniors
What is the CHAMPSS program?
The Johnson County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Nutrition Program is pleased to offer a dining opportunity called CHAMPSS, a program for adults 60 or older and their spouses.
CHAMPSS, which stands for Choosing Healthy Appetizing Meal Plan Solutions for Seniors, is offered through the Older Americans Act, a federally funded program, and the Nutrition Program/AAA.
Click on the Video to start the enrollment process.
CHAMPSS program resources:
- ORDER CHAMPSS MEALS online
- Check your meal balance online
- CHAMPSS Menu
- CHAMPSS Chinese Meal Options
- CHAMPSS Survey Answers
- CHAMPSS Newsletter
CHAMPSS meals are available at the following Hy-Vee locations:
- 13400 W. 87th St. - Lenexa - driving directions
- 18101 W. 119th St. - Olathe - driving directions
- 8501 W. 95th St. - Overland Park - driving directions
- 8900 W. 135th St. - Overland Park South
- 7620 State Line Road - Prairie Village - driving directions
- 6655 Martway St. - Mission - driving directions
- 13550 W. 63rd Street - Shawnee - driving directions
Through the program, seniors may receive a nutritious meal 7 days a week. Breakfast is served between 8 a.m.-11 a.m. Lunch is served 11:00 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Dinner is served 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. in the dining area of the grocery store. The Hy-Vee dietitian-approved menu allows seniors to select an entrée, fruit and vegetable of their choice, along with bread and low-fat milk.
Menus for the neighborhood centers and home delivery programs:
- August 2021 Nutrition Menu
- July 2021 Nutrition Menu
- August 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- July 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- Menu Descriptions for April - June 2021
- Menu Description for July - September 2021
Frequent Questions about our meal programs
How do I enroll in the CHAMPSS Program?
Due to COVID-19, we are currently not offering in-person enrollment sessions. If you would like to enroll in the program, you will need to click on the CHAMPSS Program video at the top of this page. In the video, you will receive instructions on how to enroll.
How much does a CHAMPSS meal cost?
The suggested donation is $4.00 per meal. The actual cost of each meal is more than $6, so you are invited to be as generous as you can with your donation. Donations are sent in with your meal order, so there is no need to provide anything other than your swipe card at Hy-Vee. Meals are funded in part through the Older Americans Act and the Kansas Department on Aging. Please note, all donations are non-refundable.
How do I order more meals?
Current participants can print and complete the CHAMPSS Reorder Form, enclose your donation, and send your reorder to the address on the form. You may also reorder with your credit card by calling 913-715-8894 or ORDER CHAMPSS MEALS online!