The Area Agency on Aging provides nutritious meals at six Neighborhood Centers. In addition, Neighborhood Centers offer a variety of services, activities, and educational programs for older individuals in the community.
Neighborhood Centers are open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. A meal is served daily at 11:30 a.m. Call the Neighborhood Center by 10:00 a.m. the day before to make a reservation.
A hot lunch is available for anyone age 60+ and their spouse Monday-Friday. Breakfast is also offered Tuesday-Thursday. The suggested donation is $3 per lunch and $2 per breakfast. No one is denied a meal if they are unable to donate. People under age 60 are also welcome to eat lunch, but must pay the full cost of the meal. Meals are funded in part through the Older Americans Act and the Kansas Department on Aging.
- De Soto Civic Center - 32905 W 84th St. - 913-585-1762
- Gardner Senior Center - 128 E Park - 913-856-3471
- Lenexa Senior Center - 13425 Walnut - 913-888-6141
- Merriam Community Center - 6040 Slater Street - 913-677-2048
- Matt Ross Community Center - 8101 Marty St. - 913-648-2949
- Olathe Towers - 1425 E College Way
- Spring Hill Civic Center - 401 N Madison - 913-592-3180
Meals are planned to meet the nutritional needs of older adults.
Diabetic diets are available: Nutrition Education for each month is printed on the back of each menu.
- September 2021 Nutrition Menu
- September 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- October 2021 Nutrition Menu
- October 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
Social Activities and Educational Programs
- A chance to make new friends!
- Bingo, Cards, and more...
- Medical Screenings
- Nutritional Education
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations
Meal delivery is cancelled during bad weather. Centers will close if road or weather conditions are hazardous.
Listen to one of the following radio stations: KCMO AM-710, KCMO FM-94.9 or KMBZ AM 980, or watch one of the following TV stations: KMBC-TV 9, KSHB-TV 41 or WDAF-TV 4 regarding the cancellation of Johnson County Home-Delivered Meals and closure of Johnson County Neighborhood Centers due to weather.
Call the Johnson County Center after 9:00 am to check if a Neighborhood Center is open. The Central Olathe Office may also be called at 913-715-8896 if there are questions regarding meal delivery.