Private care management focuses on assisting individuals age 60 and over to live independently in the community. Services include assessment of individual needs, development of an individualized plan of care and locating and establishing services. Private care management is a special fee-based service which starts with a 5-hour block of assessment and service coordination. For additional service options, see In-Home Services.
Information & Assistance Specialists
Aging Information Specialists
1-888-214-4404 toll free
What is the Private Care Management (PCM) option? Private Care Management (PCM) Brochure
Private Care Management is a new and sensible choice for care coordination. It offers:
- A trusted source providing a detailed functional assessment and comprehensive plan of care.
- Single contact for connection to local service providers.
- Peace of mind, knowing that a comprehensive plan of care was customized by experts to meet an individual’s needs, and personal situation.
One call for Geriatric Care Management assists you with connection to any of these services...
- Adult Day Services - Social and health services for adults who need supervised care in an appropriate setting during the day, while providing respite for the primary caregiver.
- Emergency Alert Systems - Telephone support in case of emergency.
- Home Health - Professional in-home nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Hospice - Comprehensive care and support for those coping with terminal illness.
- Medical Equipment - Grab bars, bath benches, walkers, respiratory supplies, lift chairs, and more.
- Personal Care - Attendants help senior adults with bathing, grooming, and other personal care.
- Prepared Meals - Nutritious meals that are prepackaged, and delivered directly to the home.
- Respite Care - An in-home substitute caregiver, adult day care, or care facility can provide temporary relief for non-paid caregivers.
Why choose Private Care Management (PCM)?
Learning about and coordinating services for seniors can be time consuming and challenging for families and caregivers. It is even more challenging when you live far away from your loved ones and they need help NOW. Johnson County Area Agency on Aging can help you through our Private Care Management service.
How does Private Care Management (PCM) work?
Serving seniors and helping them remain in their home is what we do. Our case management staff will complete a thorough assessment, develop a detailed plan of care, and guide you through the network of services available in the community. The plan of care is the key to this process. Our knowledge of federal, state, and local resources will be available as the plan of care is developed for your unique situation.
Private Care Management Services make sense.
For a set fee we will work with the family and seniors to assess needs, develop a plan, and coordinate supportive services. In most cases a five-hour block of time will provide the help you need. This will provide you with the information, guidance, and coordination, if needed, to connect with local community resources and services. Additional case management services for support and assistance can be contracted on an as-needed basis.
With the ever increasing cost of nursing facility care, we strive to help seniors remain as independent as possible in their own home and community by connecting them with in-home services. The Area Agency on Aging serves seniors in Johnson County and their concerned family members wherever they might live.