Aging & Human Services volunteer orientations provide a format where first-time volunteers will learn about the history and mission of the department, receive information about each volunteer opportunity, and complete appropriate paperwork. When volunteers receive an assignment, they will attend training for that specific program.
Anyone interested in becoming an Aging & Human Service volunteer must attend a Volunteer Orientation session. We are currently recruiting for Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) and Catch-a-Ride programs. Volunteer Orientation will be held on-site at our Olathe office and is 2 hrs in length. Volunteers are requested to register for orientation online. Volunteers can completed their application and upload documents directly into our volunteer portal. All Volunteer Orientation sessions are from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all new volunteers must register prior to the Volunteer Orientation date. No walk-in's will be allowed.
Location and Directions to Orientations
- I-35 south to 119th Street
- Go west (right) to Ridgeview
- Go north (right) to Sunset Drive (the first left)
- At the stop sign in our parking lot, turn left and park in the east parking lot (it’s a shorter walk).
- Once inside the building, look for the sign directing you to our orientation room!