Upcoming Tax Foreclosure Auction
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Registration: 9:00-10:00 AM
Auction Begins: 10:00 AM
Cash or Certified Funds Due: 3:00 PM Day of Auction
Lower Level, Room 200Johnson County Administration Building111 S. Cherry StreetOlathe, Kansas 66061
Researching Properties Prior to Auction
You are responsible for researching the properties which interest you to determine if they are suitable for your use.
Examples of Research include:
- Determine the location and type of property;
- Check with the City and County for zoning, building restrictions, and special assessments;
- Check with the County Appraiser for appraised value and current tax rates;
- Check with the Office of Records and Tax Administration for easements and restrictive covenants; and
- View the property.
Please note: Ownership of the property remains with the current owner(s) until the sale has been confirmed by the court at a confirmation hearing approximately three weeks after the auction. You may NOT enter the property without the permission of the owner(s).
Some information is available on the Johnson County AIMS website; however, the properties are sold according to parcel number/legal description, not the map. To link to the AIMS website when properties are listed here, use [CTL+C] to copy the “Property ID” (Example: QP40000009 0021) for a property listed below and use [CTL+V] to paste it into the Location and Maps box on the right side of this page.
Disclaimer: No person shall sell, give, reproduce, or receive for the purpose of selling or offering for sale, any portion of the data provided herein. Johnson County makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. Johnson County assumes no liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data, and disclaims any representation or warranty as to the accuracy and currency of the data.
No properties being offered at this time - check back around the end of August
Delinquent Properties Available For Non-Auction Sale
No properties being offered at this time
In certain instances, state statutes permit the County to offer delinquent tax properties for sale in a non-auction setting. Generally, these properties are available when they have already been offered at public auction and either have not sold or were purchased by the County.
If you are interested in purchasing property from the list below, please contact the Johnson County Legal Department at (913) 715-1900.
- You must be eligible to purchase delinquent tax property, pursuant to K.S.A. 79-2804g(f) and K.S.A. 79-2812 (you may not be the original debtor or in another category of prohibited purchasers, and you may not have delinquent real property taxes.) You will be required to execute an affidavit to certify that you are not a prohibited purchaser, as defined by Kansas statutes, and will not transfer to a prohibited purchaser, as provided by statute. This applies to the purchase of property from either of the categories below.
- The property will be sold subject to all valid covenants running with the land, and subject to valid easements of record or in use. This applies to the purchase of property from either of the categories below.
Properties for which Johnson County has a judgment
State law permits the County to offer delinquent properties in a negotiated sale when those properties have previously been offered at public auction but have not sold. The properties listed below were offered at public auction but did not sell. Any property sold under this section must be set for a confirmation hearing in the District Court of Johnson County, and notice must be published in the official county newspaper. The cost of publication will be paid for by the person who wishes to purchase the property. The buyer will receive a Sheriff’s deed. Please contact the Legal Department if you wish to discuss the purchase of one of these properties.