Upcoming Tax Foreclosure Auction
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Registration: 9:00-10:00 AM
Auction Begins: 10:00 AM
Researching Properties Prior to Auction:
You are responsible for researching the properties which interest you to determine if they are suitable for your use.
- Determine the location and type of property;
- Check with the City and County for zoning, building restrictions, and special assessments;
- Check with the County Appraiser for appraised value and current tax rates;
- Check with the Department of Treasury, Taxation and Vehicles for easements and restrictive covenants; and
- View the property.
Some of this information is available on the Johnson County AIMS mapping system but the properties are not sold according to the map. To link to the AIMS mapping system, use [CTL+C] to copy the “Property ID” (Example: QP23750000 0002A) for a property listed below and use [CTL+V] to paste it into the Location and Maps box on the right side of this page.
Disclaimer: No person shall sell, give, reproduce, or receive for the purpose of selling or offering for sale, any portion of the data provided herein. Johnson County makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. Johnson County assumes no liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data, and disclaims any representation or warranty as to the accuracy and currency of the data.
Click on the case number (ex: 16CV02880) to see the Notice of Auction for that case.
If you are an out-of-state business owner or investor who intends to send a representative to bid for you or your business at the auction on any of the properties listed, you will need to complete and return a signed and notarized Affidavit of Purchaser form for the property purchased with a copy of your valid state driver’s license to the Johnson County Legal Department, Attn: Tammy Hendrix, 111 S. Cherry Street, Suite 3200, Olathe, Kansas 66061 NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. Thursday, July 15, 2021. It will be your responsibility to arrange for whatever method of delivery will ensure it is received by the time specified. The representative will also need to complete his or her Affidavit at the auction and pay the cash price of the property purchased at that time.
Each property has its own Affidavit of Purchaser Form. Please click on the correct form linked below.
- You must be eligible to purchase delinquent tax property, pursuant to K.S.A. 79-2804g(f) and K.S.A. 79-2812 (you may not be the original debtor or in another category of prohibited purchasers, and you may not have delinquent real property taxes.) You will be required to execute an affidavit to certify that you are not a prohibited purchaser, as defined by Kansas statutes, and will not transfer to a prohibited purchaser, as provided by statute.
- The property will be sold subject to all valid covenants running with the land, and subject to valid easements of record or in use. If you purchase a property at the sale that has a federal lien, you will receive a certificate of purchase after the confirmation hearing and when the federal lien redemption period has run its course (usually 120 days), you will receive a Sheriff's Deed after that.