Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Building Codes

Phone: 913-715-2200

111 S. Cherry St., Suite 2000, Olathe, KS 66061

You are here

Solar Installation

Solar Ready Construction Guidelines

Solar Installation Permit Checklist

Johnson County, Kansas Solar Statement

Solar Ready Construction Zoning Code, Article 18. Accessory Structures, Buildings, and Uses see pages 18-7 and 18-8

Complete applications for small residential solar systems (15 kw or less), that include all required documentation will be approved and ready for issuance within three business days.

For additional information please call the office at 913-715-2200 and speak with either a Planner or an Inspector.

Additional Resources:

Mid-America Regional Council, Energy
DOE Solar Rooftop Potential

Fireworks Permit

As of January 1, 2016, fireworks permits should be obtained through the Johnson County County Manager's Office. For more information visit the Fireworks Permit page.

Burn Permits

Important Information:

  • Open Burning - Johnson County Environmental Department
  • Permit Application - All Applications for Burn Permits are submitted to your local Fire District.
  • Fire District Map to identify your local Fire District
  • Watch your local news or contact your local File District to see if a Burn Ban is in effect.

Unincorporated Johnson County Fire Districts:

Building Permits

When do I need a Building Permit? 

Permit Information for Type of Structure or Project:

Other Types of Permits (may be issued at the time of application):

Other Types of Permits Issued by Other Departments and Agencies, that may be required prior to construction:

Blasting Permits