PROCEDURES FOR PUBLIC PARTICIPATION FOR PLANNING AGENDA ITEMS ON THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS’
JUNE 4, 2020 MEETING USING ZOOM WEBINAR
In an effort to follow social distancing guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) will be conducting the June 4, 2020 public meeting online using Zoom Webinar.
Please watch the broadcast of the BOCC meeting from our link below or on Facebook Live for a live feed or later when the video is posted.
If you have information or comments related to the Planning agenda items that you would like to have presented to the BOCC, we encourage you to submit that information in writing. Please email any comments/statements to the BOCC-Clerk@jocogov.org by noon on Wednesday, June 3rd, before the Thursday BOCC meeting. Comments received by noon June 3rd will be shared with the entire BOCC prior to the meeting. Please include your name, address, and the application you wish to comment on. If you are unable to email the comments, you may call (913) 715-0424 and we will record your information.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE June 4th, 2020 BOCC MEETING
The agenda for the June 4th, 2020 Board of County Commissioners’ meeting includes six Planning agenda items. The public may participate in and offer comments on these agenda items during the meeting using the Zoom Webinar via the Zoom app, website, or phone. Members of the public who want to watch the meeting but do not wish to comment should use the online broadcast links listed above.
- To provide comments/speak live at the meeting regarding any Planning items via Zoom Webinar, please email BOCC-Clerk@jocogov.org or call (913) 715-0424 with your name and address, and the email address or telephone number you will use for the Webinar meeting and the agenda item you desire to comment upon no later than noon on Wednesday, June 3rd, before the Thursday BOCC meeting. The invitation for joining the meeting and a link for the Webinar will be emailed to those who have signed up to speak at the online meeting. If you do not have email, details and instructions will be provided via return telephone call.
- For each agenda item, following the staff and applicant presentation, the Moderator will call on individuals who have requested to speak in the order the request was received.
- When it is your time to speak, the Moderator will recognize you by the name or address used to sign up for Zoom. When you start to speak, please identify yourself by your name and address. You will have 3 minutes in which to speak, unless the Chair of the Board designates a different time period in order to accommodate all the speakers.
- If you are not called on by the Moderator during the hearing or application you desire to comment upon, you may use the “Raise Hand” function in the Zoom app to request to speak. To activate this function, click “Raise Hand” in the Webinar Controls at the bottom of the screen. By phone, you may raise your hand by dialing *9. Please do not utilize the raise your hand function until the start of the application you desire to comment upon.
- For those who do not have access to the internet, and therefore cannot participate via the web, a telephone call-in number will be provided to anyone who requests this option.
The Planning and Building Code Office Re-Opening with Necessary Precaution
Updated: Monday, May 11th, 2020
Although the Johnson County Administration Building has opened, with the health of customers and staff in mind, we respectfully ask that you consider contacting the office by either phone or email. We are able to assist you through the email addresses or phone number below to schedule an appointment or for all normal business purposes. All building permitting and inspections can be processed online. Please visit the Building Codes homepage for more information. If there are circumstances where you may require an in-office visit, please continue to practice all COVID-19 precautions.
Any Planning, Zoning, or Code Enforcement inquires can be sent to: PLN-PlannerOnDuty@jocogov.org
All other inquires for the Planning and Building Codes Department can be sent to: PLN-BuildingCodes@jocogov.org
Both of the above emails will be regularly monitored Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
For building permit and inspection self- service please visit: https://www.mygovernmentonline.org/
Planning, Development, and Building Codes Main Desk Phone Number: 913-715-2200.
Our mission is to ensure coordinated, efficient, and safe development for current and future County residents and businesses by providing professional long-range planning; policy and demographic analysis; development plan reviews; zoning and building code enforcement; and construction contractor licensing, education, and monitoring.