Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon


Phone: 913-715-8500

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 2500, Olathe, Kansas 66061

You are here

Customer Service: Commercial Billing

1. 2021 Rates: Commercial/Industrial - High Strength/Industrial Customers

Rates (commercial/industrial)

  • Service charge = $18.14 monthly
  • Volume = $8.54 per 1,000 gallons
  • Volume = $0.00854 per gallon

Rates (high strength/industrial)

  • Service charge = $18.14 per monthly statement
  • Volume = $7.05605 per 1,000 gallons
  • Volume = $0.00706 per gallon
  • BOD = $.2592 (pound)
  • TSS = $0.1800 (pound) 

2. Sewer Use Credit Procedures

What kind of program is it?

It is a voluntary program for commercial customers who wish to obtain credit for water that does not enter the Johnson County Wastewater collection system. In accordance with User Charge Resolution No. WD 12-022:

A. It is the responsibility of the user to provide documentation sufficient for an accurate determination of the water that does not enter the wastewater collection system. JCW requires monthly photo of meter and reporting form submission.

B. In order to receive credit for water not entering the sanitary sewer, Johnson County Wastewater requires that this water be continuously metered.

C. Johnson County Wastewater will not be responsible for any costs associated with the installation or maintenance of any water meter installed as part of this program. Participants are responsible for proper performance of water meter and deduct meter. 

How do I start the process?

1. Download the Sewer Use Credit Procedures. Please note the monthly reporting requires photo and excel report submission. 

2. Review the procedures, then download and complete the Sewer Use Credit Application.

3. Send your completed form with water service line drawing and water bill to:

Johnson County Wastewater
Commercial/Industrial Liaison
11811 South Sunset Drive, Suite 2500
Olathe, KS 66061-7061

Johnson County Wastewater will respond to customers regarding the submission of their Sewer Use Credit Application by either U.S. mail, phone, or email within two (2) weeks of receiving the application. Sewer Use Credit will not be considered on usage that occurred prior to the calendar year.

How do I obtain credit?

To receive credit for metered water used within a cooling tower, irrigation, water used in product, swimming pool, or other water that does not enter the sanitary sewer, please complete the User Charge Deduct Report Form. Refer to the "Instructions Tab" for assistance in completing the MS Excel spreadsheet. Please note that participants must remain current on all Johnson County accounts. 

Helpful Links

a. Photos of various types of deduct meters with explanation of how to read and log reads.

b. Vendor list - these are an alphabetical summary of a select few who have performed recent installs. JCW is not recommending any specific company.

c. Example of completed forms and acceptable drawings.

d. Local suppliers for meter purchases.

e. Manage Your Account Online.

3. Appeals Not Related to Volume

Johnson County Wastewater has established the following procedures for consideration of appeals. Industrial customers wishing to appeal their assigned strength assessment shall contact Johnson County Wastewater in writing within 30 days after receipt of the bill, stating the basis for the appeal. To consider this appeal, Johnson County Wastewater reserves the right to request information in support of the determination of the strength generated at the referenced location. No appeal will be considered for the current year, if not received on or before Dec. 15 of that same year. Appeals will not be considered for the previous year.

A. Obtain an Appeals Form in one of two ways:

  1. Call Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center at 913-715-8590.
  2. Download the Appeals Form

B. Send your completed form by either:

  • U.S. Mail, or Postal Service:

           Johnson County Wastewater
           Manager, Customer Service
           11811 South Sunset Drive, Suite 2500
           Olathe, KS 66061-7061

  • Fax to 913-715-8501

Johnson County Wastewater will respond to submitted appeals by U.S. mail or email within two (2) weeks of receiving the appeal. This written response will confirm receipt of the Appeals Form. Upon recommendation by the Manager of Customer Service, the Johnson County Wastewater Appeals Committee may consider the appeal.

Do you still have questions? Please contact Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center.