Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon


Phone: 913-715-8500

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 2500, Olathe, Kansas 66061

You are here

Customer Service: Welcome

At Johnson County Wastewater, whether you are a new customer or an existing customer transferring your service to a new address, we are pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with sanitary sewer service. Johnson County Wastewater operates as a department within Johnson County government, reporting directly to the Deputy County Manager under the direction of the County Manager and the Board of County Commissioners. We hope you find the information below to be helpful.

Utility Assistance for Renters Impacted by COVID-19

The Kansas Housing Resource Corporation (https://kshousingcorp.org) opened the Kansas Emergency Rental Assistance program (KERA), using Federal funds allocated through the Covid Relief program. The KERA program, administered by the Kansas Housing Resource Corporation, is making COVID-19 relief funds available for qualified tenants with past due utility costs incurred since April 1, 2020. To apply for assistance, contact the Kansas Housing Resource Corporation at (785) 217-2001 or visit https://kshousingcorp.org/emergency-rental-assistance/.

Emergency Phone Numbers

To report a sewer backup, odor, or any other problem that requires immediate attention, please call Johnson County Wastewater's Emergency Line at 913-715-8600 and Low pressure sewer issues emergency line at 913-715-1777. Our Operations staff is available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year, to provide assistance.

Johnson County Wastewater Service Area Map

Utility Bills

Charges from Johnson County Wastewater pay for the safe and efficient transportation of wastewater from your home or business and the treatment of that water before returning it to area streams, lakes, and rivers. Residential customers are billed for sanitary sewer service every two months and commercial customers are billed monthly. The current wastewater user charge is $8.54 per 1,000 gallons. In 2021, a median JCW residential customer will be billed $86.46 bimonthly ($43.23 per month) to collect, transport, and treat about 8,000 gallons of wastewater.


We believe it is our responsibility to communicate with our customers. Please watch for important information included with your billing statements. Johnson County Wastewater also prints a brief story of interest on the back of each bill. Please take a few minutes each time to review that information. The department’s website also has a wide variety of information that customers may find useful and also offers customers the opportunity to pay their wastewater bills online.

Johnson County Wastewater's Rate Brochure

Customer Service

Our Customer Service professionals are available to help with your wastewater service and billing inquiries. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may contact Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center by calling 913-715-8590. If you have questions concerning permits and inspections for residential construction or commercial construction, tenant finishes, and building expansions, please call Johnson County Wastewater's Permit Group at 913-715-8520.

Regardless of the job they do or the area they work in, the goal of each and every Johnson County Wastewater staff member is to provide our customers with the highest quality service possible. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center or call 913-715-8590.

Johnson County Wastewater

New, Discontinue, or Transfer Service?

1. Are you a new customer?

Are you a new customer, moving to a new residence and need service in your name? Please fill out our New Service Request Form.

2. Do you want to discontinue service?

If you are moving out of your home and out of the Johnson County Wastewater service area and you need to cancel service at either your old service or current service location, please complete the Cancel Service Request Form.

3. Do you need to transfer service?

If you have moved to a new service location in the Johnson County Wastewater service area, your previous location is serviced by this utility, you need the wastewater service for the old service location taken out of your name, please use the Transfer Service Form.