If you answer YES or DON’T KNOW to any of the questions below, contact your healthcare provider for testing or call us at 913-826-1303.
1. Does your child live in or visit a home, daycare or other building built before 1978?
2. Does your child live in or visit a home, daycare or other building with ongoing repairs or remodeling?
3. Does your child eat or chew on non-food things like paint chips or dirt?
4. Does your child have a family member or friend who has or did have an elevated blood lead level?
5. Is your child a newly arrived refugee or foreign adoptee?
6. Does your child come in contact with an adult whose job or hobby involves lead exposure (i.e., battery manufacturing or repair, gun range or repair, stain glass, fishing lures, bullet making)?
7. Does your family use products from countries outside the United States (i.e., pottery dishes, health remedies, spices or food)?