The Johnson County Treasury and Financial Management department will begin mailing 207,814 real estate and 17,428 personal property tax statements to Johnson County taxpayers on Friday, Nov. 20.
The first half real estate and personal property taxes are due on or before Monday, Dec. 21, 2020, and the second half taxes are due on or before Monday, May 10, 2021. The real estate tax statement contains a comparison section between this year’s and last year’s tax breakdown.
If the taxes are paid by the mortgage company, the statement will say “THIS IS NOT A TAX BILL” at the bottom. For taxpayers who pay their statements directly, there will be a return payment stub at the bottom of the statement.
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 in our community, it is strongly recommended that taxpayers use these payment options and avoid visiting the office in person:
• Online - Through our website, taxbill.jocogov.org, tax payments may be submitted electronically using our eCheck option for only $0.50 per transaction, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) for a 2.4% fee per transaction.
• By Mail – Taxpayers can mail a check along with the payment stub to PO Box 2902, Shawnee Mission, KS 66201.
Payments that meet the conditions below will be accepted in person in a limited capacity at the Johnson County Administration Building, 111 S. Cherry Street, Suite 1500, downtown Olathe:
• Face masks must be worn inside the Administration Building and a 6 foot minimum physical distance shall be maintained between customers.
• Only cash or multi-tender payments that cannot be paid online or by mail should be paid in person.
• Check payments made in person will be asked to use the drop box located outside of the office lobby in the hallway.
• The office lobby will be restricted to only those customers currently being served.
• In-person transactions will be limited to five or less, to keep the line moving quickly. Payments with five or more transactions can be placed in the drop box.
• All other customers will be asked to wait in line outside of the lobby on the designated floor decals and observe a 6 foot minimum physical distance.
There are many other services on our website that may be helpful this tax season. Taxpayers may view an electronic version of their tax statement and print off tax receipts once their payment has been processed. They may also find important Tax Forms and get many questions answered through our Frequent Questions page.