More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
BOCC actions for the week of October 7, 2019
The Board proclaimed October as National Community Planning Month. Jay Leipzig and his team accepted the proclamation. Johnson County created its Planning, Development and Codes department in 1978.
The BOCC voted to authorize the following items:
Boards and Commissions
Purchasing and Contracts
- An exception to competition to increase the purchase authority for the Airport Commission to purchase Cryotech deicer not to exceed $140,000 in FY 2019 and not to exceed $140,000 in FY 2020.
- A contract for lobbying services with Federico Consulting, Inc., for a 24-month period in an annual amount not to exceed $67,000, with an option to renew the contract for three (3) additional 24-month periods and authorizing the County Manager to execute the contract on behalf of the Board.
- A contract with Dirks Dozing & Excavating for New Century Parkway Stormwater Improvements, in the amount not to exceed $801,548.20.
Planning and Zoning/Legal land items
- An agreement submitted by the City of Olathe, Kansas and the Johnson County Northwest Consolidated Fire District, and ordering the detachment of land from the boundaries of the Fire District, and the transfer of such land to the City for fire protection services.
- A request from Olsson/ Timothy B. Wiswell, applicant, and Agnes M. Cox Revocable Trust, James Cox, Trustee, landowner, for Preliminary and Final Plat approval for a two-lot plat to be known as Cox Family Farms, in Section 9, Township 15, Range 23, Johnson County, Kansas, located at 24585 West 199th Street.
- Conducted a public hearing and authorized funds for Johnson County Wastewater facility improvement projects in an amount not to exceed $3,080,000.
- Establishing protocols for the Board of County Commissioners in conducting performance reviews for certain positions in Johnson County government.
The Board sat as the Committee of the Whole to discuss the 2020 State Legislative Platform. You can access the video of this discussion as well as the latest drafts of the platform at https://boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
A look ahead for the week of Oct. 14
Below is a look at the BOCC calendar for next week. Details on the meetings are available at https://www.jocogov.org/calendar-created/month?field_event_type_tid=4224.
These are the current items on the Oct. 17, 2019 BOCC agenda.
- Consider reappointing Therese Iverson as the Sixth District representative to the Museum Advisory Council through May 7, 2022.
- Consider authorizing an exception to competition for LC-MS/MS method validation utilizing ToxBox® kits for detection and confirmation of drugs in biological samples, at a cost of $125,750.
- Consider authorizing a five-year Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) renewal with World Wide Technology (WWT) for CISCO Systems Inc. maintenance support and licensing of the County’s Voice Services System not to exceed $114,072 per year under the State of Kansas Contract #42860.
- Consider a request from CJ Garrett, applicant, and Robert W. Sullivan, Trustee for the Robert W. Sullivan Trust, landowner, for Rezoning from RUR to PRUR and an associated Preliminary Development Plan as the preliminary plat for 10 residential lots, to be known as Waverly Estates, on 80 acres located on Waverly Road at 102nd Street.
- Consider directing the Wastewater General Manager to enter into a Consent Order with the State of Kansas Department of Health and Environment related to Johnson County Wastewater’s long-term Integrated Management Plan.