Here is a recap of the Board of County Commissioners meeting this week and a look ahead to next week. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
BOCC actions for the week of July 8, 2019
The BOCC voted to authorize the following items:
- An exception to competition and approving service agreement renewals for Mental Health for respite care services with KidsTLC, Inc. and DCCCA, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $175,000 for one (1) additional twelve (12) month contract period ending June 30, 2020.
- An exception to competition and approving a service agreement renewal for Mental Health for psychosocial rehabilitation and crisis intervention services with FosterAdopt Connect, in an amount not to exceed $105,000, for the contract period ending June 30, 2020.
- A purchase with ConvergeOne for upgrades to JIMS Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure in the amount not to exceed $213,156.48.
Auditor Ken Kleffner presented a status of audit recommendations as of March 31, 2019. The report is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org towards the bottom of the July 11, 2019 meeting agenda.
The Board and county leadership recognized and thanked Lougene Marsh, who retires effective July 12 as the director of the Department of Health and Environment.
A look ahead for the week of July 15:
Below is a look at the BOCC calendar for next week. Details on the meetings are available here.
These are the current items on the July 18, 2019 BOCC agenda.
- Consider appointing Dave Johns as the Sixth District representative to the Planning Commission through October 4, 2021.
- Consider a request from Phelps Engineering, Inc., applicant, and Samuel P. and Vicki S. McChesney, landowners, for Preliminary and Final Plat for two residential lots, to be known as Painted M Ranch Second, on approximately 30 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 12547 Homestead Lane.
- Consider a request from Green Engineering, Inc., applicant, and Michael and Elizabeth Meek, landowners, for a Preliminary and Final Plat for two residential lots, to be known as The Meek Farmstead, on 34 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 20944 State Line Road.
- Consider authorizing a $ 545,000 term and supply contract increase with Faith Technologies, Inc, for on-call physical security equipment, installation and maintenance services, for a total contract value of $1,045,000.
- Consider authorizing a contract termination for convenience, with Cenergistic, Inc. effective close of business September 30, 2019, for a comprehensive behavioral-based energy conservation program, and authorizing the County Director of Facilities to provide written notice of the termination to Cenergistic, Inc.
- (Sitting as the Governing Board of Fire District No. 2) Consider revising the Policy Manual of Johnson County Fire District #2 (“Fire District”) to remove job descriptions, to delete outdated salary ranges and hourly wage schedules, and to delete the staffing levels for Fire-medics.
- (Sitting as the Governing Board of Fire District No. 2) Conduct a public hearing and consider approving the Fiscal Year 2020 budget as proposed and authorizing a levy of property taxes in support of the budget for Johnson County Fire District No. 2 for FY 2020 funded by property tax revenue exceeding that of FY 2019, adjusted by the 2018 Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all urban consumers, subject to all public disclosure requirements and final approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
The Board has a study session scheduled on July 18 at 1:00 in rooms 202/204 on the lower level of the Johnson County Administration Building to discuss how the county supports vulnerable populations. Material will be presented by the Department of Health and Environment, Johnson County Developmental Supports, Johnson County Mental Health and the Human Services department.