The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2023
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2023
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2023
Next Meeting Scheduled For:
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Johnson County Airport Commission Board Room & Zoom Teleconference
1 New Century Parkway, New Century, KS & Zoom Details (will be published when available)
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS NOTICE:
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings. Please join the meeting using Zoom Web Conferencing if able to do so.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE SEPT 22, 2021 JCAC MEETING
The agenda for the September 22, 2021 Johnson County Airport Commissioners’ meeting includes agenda items that the public may participate in and offer comments on either in person or by joining the Zoom Webinar. ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL NEED TO PRE-REGISTER EITHER VIA EMAIL OR BY PHONE NO LATER THAN NOON TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2021, OR PRIOR TO THE START OF THE MEETING FOR IN PERSON COMMENTS.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENTS
For comments regarding a Public Hearing Item:
- Written comments regarding an application may be submitted to the Planning Department using email to [email protected]; which must be received no later than 5 pm CDT, Sep 20, 2021. Please include your name, mailing address, and the application you desire to comment upon. If received by the above deadline, all comments will be made part of the record and shared with the Airport Commission.
- To participate live in the meeting via Zoom Webinar, email the Planning Department at [email protected] with your name, mailing address, and the application you desire to comment upon, no later than 5 pm CDT, Sep 20, 2021. The details and instructions for joining the meeting and a link for the Webinar will be emailed to those who have signed up to speak. If you do not have email, details and instructions will be provided via telephone.
- If you are unable to notify the Planning Department by email prior to the meeting, then during the meeting, but immediately prior to the start of the application you desire to comment upon, you will need to use the “Raise Hand” function in the Zoom app to notify the Moderator of your desire to speak. To activate this function, click “Raise Hand” in the Webinar Controls at the bottom of the screen. By phone, you may raise your hand by dialing *9. Please do not utilize the raise your hand function until the start of the application you desire to comment upon.
- For those who do not have access to the internet, and therefore cannot participate by via the web, please see the call-in option set forth in this agenda or attend the meeting in person. Those who desire to speak in person will need to raise their hand during the application’s public comment section.
- Following the staff and applicant presentations on the application, the Moderator will call on individuals who have signed up to speak or raised their hand in the order received for the respective application. When it is your time to speak, the Moderator will recognize you by the name or address. When you start to speak, please identify yourself by your name and address. You will have 3 minutes in which to speak, unless the Chair of the Airport Commission designates a different time period in order to accommodate all the speakers desiring to speak during the meeting.
For all other public comments:
- Public comments made in person will need to provide their name and address on the sign-up sheet prior to the start of the meeting.
- Public online “live” comments for the Sep 22, 2021 meeting will be accepted only for those who have pre-registered. Individuals wishing to speak online may register by sending their full name, business name (if applicable), physical address, and agenda item/topic being addressed to [email protected]. Registration closes at 12:00 pm CDT on Tuesday Sep 21, 2021. You will receive an email confirmation by 5:00 pm on Tuesday Sep 21, 2021 that includes instructions on speaking during the meeting.
- If you would like to make a written public comment for the meeting, please send your comments along with your full name, business name (if applicable), and physical address to [email protected] no later than 5:00 pm CDT on Monday Sep 20, 2021. If email is not an option, you may call 913-715-6004 and we will record your information and comments for distribution as a written comment. Written comments will be shared with the commissioners prior to the meeting but will not be read into public record during the meeting.
- 2021 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2021 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- 2020 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- Archive - 2019 | 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Jan-Mar | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.