The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
Link to T-Hangar Evaluations Presentation - presented at Dec 2, 2020 and Jan 27, 2021 Airport Commission Meetings
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2023
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2023
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2023
JOHNSON COUNTY AIRPORT COMMISSION
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Zoom Teleconference Meeting
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS NOTICE:
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings. Please join the meeting using Zoom Web Conferencing.
HOW TO ACCESS ZOOM AND/OR UTILIZE THE CALL-IN OPTION
There are two options for joining the Zoom Webinar:
- Through the internet on a computer, tablet or smart phone with video and audio.
- By telephone with audio.
To join the live Zoom Webinar utilizing a PC, Mac, iPad, or smartphone:
- Click on the following link or enter the URL address in your browser window:
Enter Passcode: 483850
- Or access Zoom.com and click “Join A Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID#: 939 6845 2079
Please allow time to set up the Zoom application on your computer or phone if you have not previously used Zoom.
If your computer does not have a microphone and you are requesting to speak, you will need to call in on a phone number below to use as a microphone.
To join the live Zoom Webinar using a telephone:
- Dial the call-in phone number: 346-248-7799
- When prompted, provide the following Webinar ID#: 939 6845 2079
For technical assistance with the Zoom meeting access, you may call the Johnson County staff at 913-715-9666.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE JANUARY 27, 2021 JCAC MEETING
The agenda for the January 27, 2021 Johnson County Airport Commissioners’ meeting includes agenda items that the public may participate in and offer comments on by joining the Zoom Webinar. Members of the public who want to watch the meeting but do not wish to comment should use the online broadcast links listed.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENTS
For comments regarding a Public Hearing Item:
- Written comments regarding an application may be submitted to the Planning Department using email to [email protected]; which must be received no later than 5 pm CDT, Jan 25, 2021. Please include your name, mailing address, and the application you desire to comment upon. If received by the above deadline, all comments will be made part of the record and shared with the Airport Commission.
- To participate live in the meeting via Zoom Webinar, email the Planning Department at [email protected] with your name, mailing address, and the application you desire to comment upon, no later than 5 pm CDT, Jan 25, 2021. The details and instructions for joining the meeting and a link for the Webinar will be emailed to those who have signed up to speak. If you do not have email, details and instructions will be provided via telephone.
- If you are unable to notify the Planning Department by email prior to the meeting, then during the meeting, but immediately prior to the start of the application you desire to comment upon, you will need to use the “Raise Hand” function in the Zoom app to notify the Moderator of your desire to speak. To activate this function, click “Raise Hand” in the Webinar Controls at the bottom of the screen. By phone, you may raise your hand by dialing *9. Please do not utilize the raise your hand function until the start of the application you desire to comment upon.
- Following the staff and applicant presentations on the application, the Moderator will call on individuals who have signed up to speak or raised their hand in the order received for the respective application. When it is your time to speak, the Moderator will recognize you by the name or address used to sign up for Zoom. When you start to speak, please identify yourself by your name and address. You will have 3 minutes in which to speak, unless the Chair of the Airport Commission designates a different time period in order to accommodate all the speakers desiring to speak during the meeting.
- For those who do not have access to the internet, and therefore cannot participate by via the web, please see the call-in option set forth in this agenda.
For all other public comments:
- Public “live” comments for the January 27, 2021 meeting will be accepted only for those who have pre-registered. Individuals wishing to speak may register by sending their full name, business name (if applicable), physical address, and agenda item/topic being addressed to [email protected]. Registration closes at noon (12:00 pm) on Tuesday January 26, 2021.
- The Commission has established a limit of 10 speakers limited to 3 minutes of time and audio only. If more than 10 speakers attempt to register, the slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If your registration is completed successfully, you will receive an email confirmation by 4:00 pm on Tuesday January 26, 2021 that includes instructions on speaking during the meeting. If an attempt to register is not successful due to the 10 speaker limit, your email response will include this information. You must have and log in with a registered Zoom account in order to participate in “live” public comments.
- If you would like to make a written public comment for the meeting, please send your comments along with your full name, business name (if applicable), and physical address to [email protected] no later than noon (12:00 pm) on Tuesday January 26, 2021. If email is not an option, you may call 913-715-6004 and we will record your information and comments for distribution as a written comment. Written comments will be shared with the commissioners prior to the meeting but will not be read into public record during the meeting.
- 2021 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2021 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- 2020 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- Archive - 2019 | 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Jan-Mar | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.