Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) testing and treatment is done on a walk-in basis. During high volume times, we may need to temporarily suspend our walk-in services.
Services provided by Advanced Practice Registered Nurses/Registered Nurses include:
- Vaginitis testing and treatment
- Sexually Transmitted Disease testing and treatment
- HIV counseling, testing, and referral
Olathe STD Testing/Treatment Hours
- Monday - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday - CLOSED
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Mission STD Testing/Treatment Hours
- Monday - CLOSED
- Tuesday - CLOSED
- Wednesday - CLOSED
- Thursday - CLOSED
- Friday - CLOSED
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Staying Healthy and Preventing STDs (Information for Teens)
- www.kdheks.gov - Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- https://gettested.cdc.gov/ - FAQs about HIV/AIDS and a search tool for finding local testing locations, sponsored by the CDC
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health - Learn what the CDC is doing to protect the health of LGBT
- www.iwannaknow.org - Information for young people about sexual health and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), sponsored by the American Social Health Association
- www.rainn.org - Informational resources and an online hotline specializing in sexual assault, sponsored by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- https://powertodecide.org/ - Informational resources and community activities to help prevent teen and unintended pregnancy, sponsored by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unintended Pregnancy
- www.teenshealth.org - Information, FAQs and an “ask the experts” feature for teens about health issues, including sexual health, sponsored by Nemours Foundation
Paying for Services
STD screenings start at $50 (additional charges may apply for other tests). No one is denied service due to inability to pay. Client accounts may be subject to collections if not paid.
JCDHE is a KanCare provider for all managed care organizations: Aetna Better Health of Kansas, Sunflower and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. JCDHE also accepts private insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City, Ambetter, Cigna, Aetna and UnitedHealthcare. We do not accept insurance from any Medicare HMO plans. Many of the services JCDHE offers are covered by insurance; check your health benefit plan to confirm coverage for payment of services.
JCDHE also accepts cash, check, credit or debit card as payment for clients who are without insurance or who carry other insurance plans.