Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Records and Tax Administration

Phone: 913-715-0775

111 S. Cherry St., Suite 1200, Olathe, KS 66061

You are here

records and tax administration

The Johnson County Records & Tax Administration (RTA) combines the duties of the Register of Deeds, County Clerk and Archives and Record Management. The RTA records and indexes all land record documents; creates, maintains and calculates the annual tax roll; and archives county records. RTA also provides parcel level mapping and updates the automated mapping system. RTA houses the county Call Center for all departments and agencies and supports the County Commission meeting agenda and minute processes.  

Starting June 1st, 2020,  we will be moving to lobby research by appointment only, in which you will be able to return to our lobby to view documents at no charge by appointment. If you wish to set up an appointment to do research in our lobby, please email us at: [email protected] . Thank you.



Mission Statement 

As stewards of Johnson County, The Department of Records and Tax Administration is trusted with accurately processing and maintaining land records.  Our dedicated workforce provides quality services with timeliness, efficiency, professionalism, security and excellence.

Vision Statement 

We choose to be an inclusive and progressive department that:
  • Inspires trust and pride in our work 
  • Establishes a sense of community and family
  • Strives for excellence in all endeavors 
  • Preserves history

And is committed to be better Tomorrow than we are Today.


Land in unincorporated Johnson County that is divided, split or bought may not be eligible for a building permit and may not be compliant with the County zoning and subdivision regulations even though a deed is recorded.  Please call the County Planning Department at 913-715-2200 before recording deeds.

For land divided, split or bought in a city, please call/contact the respective city planning department.

Location Maps & Info

Property & Location Search

Enter a name, address, property I.D., or Kansas Uniform Parcel Number (KUPN) to get quick access to maps and information about an address or location.