Those who live or work in Johnson County, KS can schedule a free COVID-19 test at the Department of Health and Environment's Olathe location. Individuals should seek testing from their primary health care provider first before making an appointment. Supplies and appointment times are limited.
This is a drive-thru testing clinic. Remain in your vehicle for testing; do not enter the building.
The testing clinics are part of Johnson County's overall strategy to determine how prevalent COVID-19 is in Johnson County, Kansas.
COVID-19 testing appointments are in high demand and book quickly. You may check periodically to see if there are cancellations. We open new appointments for the following week on Thursday.
Test results are available within 5-7 business days, sometimes longer. If the test is positive, you will receive a phone call at the number you provided when you scheduled your appointment. If the test result is negative, we can notify you of the result via email if you provide verbal consent. If you choose to not receive your negative results via email, you will receive a letter in the mail at the address you provided when you scheduled your appointment.
Para personal que habla español llame al (913) 826-1200 y oprima 1 para servicio al clients. Las citas son programadas por nuestro personal, lunes a viernes de 8 a.m. a 5 p.m.
Who can participate in Johnson County’s appointment-based testing?
- Anyone age 16 and older who lives or works in Johnson County, KS
- Children ages 5-15 who live in Johnson County, KS. A parent must be present in the vehicle to give verbal consent for testing. Children will be tested inside the vehicle and must be able to sit still for a nasal swab to both nostrils.
- With or without symptoms of coronavirus
- If testing is not available from your primary health care provider
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever greater than 100.4 F
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
This list does not include all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Testing Location and Schedule
Olathe — 11875 S. Sunset Drive (Drive-thru, south side of the building)
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Every Tuesday, 4-7 p.m.
- Every other Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (starting July 17, 2020)
- DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING. Wait inside your vehicle with the windows rolled up until it's time for your test.
- No photos, video or audio recordings during the testing process.
Enter the drive-thru area on the west side of the building. Follow the signs and drive around to the back of the building and pull up to the designated testing area facing south. Do not enter the building. Exit the testing area to the east of the building.
If you have additional questions about the testing process, call (913) 715-2819, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.