Johnson County Home-Delivered Meals
The Area Agency on Aging provides home-delivered meals to frail and elderly homebound residents, age 60+ and their spouse. An evaluation of need must be completed by an Area Agency on Aging assessor to qualify for home-delivered meals. Staff and volunteers deliver meals between 10:45 am and 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday.
Meals are planned to meet the nutritional needs of older adults. Diabetic meals are available.
The Monthly Menus and Nutrition Education are sent to all home-delivered meal clients and are posted here online:
- April 2021 Nutrition Menu
- March 2021 Nutrition Menu
- Aoril 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- March 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- Menu Descriptions for January - March 2021
- Menu Descriptions for April - June 2021
- To request Home-Delivered Meals or find out more about the service, call the Aging Information line at Aging Information Specialists 913-715-8861 or toll free 1-888-214-4404
- To request a stop or a change in meal delivery, call 913-715-8896 .
- To volunteer to deliver meals call the Volunteer Coordinator at 913-715-8895 . Volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
- Current Home-Delivered Meals Volunteers: 913-715-8895
- All other questions, Contact Aging Information.
The suggested donation for a person age 60+ and their spouse is $3 per meal. No one is denied a meal if they are unable to donate. Meals are funded in part through the Older Americans Act and the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services.
Meal Delivery Cancellations:
Meal delivery is cancelled during bad weather if road or weather conditions are hazardous.
- “Blizzard meals” consist of shelf stable food items and are delivered at the beginning of winter. They are to be used in the event that a hot meal can not be delivered.
- Listen to the following radio stations: KCMO AM-710, KCMO FM-94.9 or KMBZ AM 980, or watch the following TV stations: KMBC-TV 9, KSHB-TV 41 or WDAF-TV 4 regarding the cancellation of Johnson County Home-Delivered Meals. OR
- The Central Olathe Office may also be called at 913-715-8896 if there are questions regarding meal delivery.